welcome









Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

          Today in our EDU 3040 class we reviewed our new websites that we made over the last week for class.  We shared an abundance of information that will make the next website much easier to build.

       We learned about Instructional and Assistive Technology for Students with Special Needs.  Assistive technology is specially designed hardware that is designed to aid individuals with disabilities.  There are many ways that students with special needs can be accomodated. 

          Some of the devices that are available for use with special needs children are on-screen keyboards, intellikeys and voice recognition.  I also learned that an alternative to computer monitors for vision impaired students can be made by using a voice synthesizer.   Computers and calculators with print output can be used to help students who have difficulty writing. 

          Students that have speech problems are able to communicate with the help of a communication board.  The board can be something as simple as a piece of cardboard with pictures and words on it. 

          We learned many useful things in class tonight.  I'm excited that I got the chance to build a website.  This is information that I will use from now on.  It is also something that I had been wanting to learn for a long time.  I am also excited because the next thing that we are going to learn is about Webquests, this is something else that I will be able to use in my career as an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment